Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Mmmm. Good Friday. I just came home from the Good Friday service at my church. How great and amazing our Jesus is. My heart broke tonight a hundred times over for what my Jesus did for me- the anguish, the unspeakable pain, not only physically, but the incredible spiritual pain and sorrow of being separated from the Father. My Jesus drank my suffering and my humanity to the dregs. My Jesus took the blows of betrayal, the taunting, the loneliness, all because of his love for me. All because he loved his children so much, he was willing to be crucified alongside of us, and to be crucified with us every day. It blows my mind. How do I even go about thanking him for what he's done? This is all I can do: I will give him my life, my very being is his. And though its not enough, my Jesus looks on me with pride, and with a deep love in his eyes. He is delighted with me; he says, "My darling, how could I do any different? There was no question about what I would choose- oh, how I love you." Good Friday. Good, good Friday, the day my Jesus saved me.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. He is so beautiful. Even when we are gross and ugly, He makes us beautiful.

    ReplyDelete