Friday, April 15, 2011

Spiritual Hunger

Tonight and tomorrow is the 30hr famine during which I and some of my church family literally fast for 30 hours until later tomorrow afternoon. The great thing about the famine is that as I physically hunger for food, I get this super-connection to the Father, and I feel the hunger pains I have for him just as acutely as my physical tummy-rumblings. It's really a fantastic anomaly because the more I feel the consequences of depriving myself of physical food, the more I find my soul being filled to the point of bursting with all the good and wonderful things God has for me, and his Word and Presence. It's such a beautiful time. Praise the Father, who feeds the hungry with living food and water that gives everlasting life!

No comments:

Post a Comment